bed help

I am not an old dinosaur or anything (born in '81) but I distinctly remember a type of bunk bed from when I was growing up. They were safely "stack-able" as bunk beds and could also be 2 free standing twin beds. Do they no longer make such a thing?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Shopping

• No, they do! I've seen them at just about every furniture store I've gone to. Just have to look at the right places.
    txsgal

Answer by txsgal at 5:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• yes they do. there are lots of bunk beds that can be used as two twins as well.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I had them growing up! Ive heard that they can be a hazard so they dont make as many anymore. My top bunk actually fell onto the bottom one night. Thank God no one was in the bed at the time!! But yes they do make them. Google it and see what you get. Also be sure to read all of the customer reviews and research any recalls! GL!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• btw if you have a pamida near you they have a great sale on a bunk bed that does come apart into two twins for 150$ its a lenon brand. i was actually thinking about picking it up myself for my kids.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• im sure they still do them
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yeah those are the type of bunks my college used in the dorms.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2011