ladies do any of you have this same problem with your man

my BF likes it when I'm home he tells people that he makes good money and that if he needed to take a 3rd job he would for me not to have to work I'm not working right now I'm a SAHM but I do go to school. sometimes when he says this it makes me wonder why he often has to say this. why is he so eager to have me home I have no kids with him I have a 5yr old and he has a 17yr old doesn't live with us. I asked him this question and he says he was raised old fashion where men bring home the bacon and women stay home with the kids. I don't buy this. his ex wife used to work and he didn't like this because she turned out to cheat on him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• Maybe that was part of the problem with the X, a lot of men don't like their women working outside the home. And could be what athe others said, that he is afraid you'll meet someone at work. If you want to work maybe you could do something front home. You asked why he's so eager since your child isn't with him..... maybe he loves that child as his own and wants the best for the kid and thinks that's having an available Mom 24/7. Or could be that he knows that the child would tell on you if you did something you weren't supposed to.
    My hubby made it clear before we married that he wanted me to be a housewife and I agreed to it but have had some part time jobs and he's only asked that I be home when he gets here (he doesn't like walking in an empty house)
    Be proud that he wants to do right by you and your child, but again, if you want to help financially, try to find something to do from home if that interests you.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• MAYBE HE AFIRED THAT YOU WILL CHEAT ON HIM I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU WILL JUST THAT HE THINKS YOU WILL BECUASE OF HIS EX DOING IT
    momof3boys430

Answer by momof3boys430 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• well he could be afraid you will cheat on him too if you work since his ex wife did or he is old fashioned my husband is the same way he thinks the man should provide for his family and that sounds like how your husband is and he says it often because he wants you to thank him for his hard work at your expense tell him you love him and say thank you for your hard work
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 10:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Well, I think that may be your answer. Maybe he has trouble trusting women now ( which is understandable) and he thinks if you stay at home there is less of a chance that this will happen to him again. Sounds like trust issues that he may need to work through...
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 10:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Well, it could simply be that man thing of wanting to provide for his woman (pause here for manly grunting and chest-thumping). That is a huge source of pride for many men. But if he somehow tied his wife's job to her infidelity, then that probably plays a role in this situation as well.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• wish I had that problem. lol. jk I've worked on I was 15 and at times had two jobs. He'd at least have to be with me wrking pt
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I am telling you.... Please just verbalize your feelings to him!! You do not want to turn into a caged monster! If he is trying to keep you home cuz he's insecure, it will only get worse!!!
    jennieo622

Answer by jennieo622 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 15, 2008