Is implanon good?

The insertion rod in the arm for birth control if you have it let me know how you like it

mama2jaybub

Asked by mama2jaybub at 5:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Health

• I was going to get it bc it lasts 3 years and we wanted to wait that long before trying again. My doctor talked me out of it saying there wasn't enough research on it and an IUD is the best form of birth control so I went with the Mirena (this is my 2nd and I have no problems with it)
    MommaDees

Answer by MommaDees at 5:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Didn't they ban those? I use to be a Sex Ed. teacher, and I thought I read that those where no longer used. They where leaking uncontrollably into the bloodstream. Your body can also reject them. It's been like 6 years sience I've heard anything about them?

LadyQuin

Answer by LadyQuin at 7:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I have one. I heard about the issues that LadyQuin mentioned. Apparently, they improved it over the last couple years. So far, so good on mine! I like it!
    BrookeKRod

Answer by BrookeKRod at 9:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2011