why do ppl get mad when you are doing well?(vent)

every year when we get our taxes back we pay ahead and average of 2 months of bills(rent utilities phone ect) so that way we arent stress the rest of the year on bills since sometimes due dates dont always line up with pay days and also if unexpected stuff comes up like car repairs we have a little to work with.(hope that makes sense) and we also spend a lil of the tax check to buy new furniture, usually one room a year if stuff needs replaced, and i shop around and bargin when buyin stuff so i get the lowest price i can get and if we cant pay cash for it we dont get it. so we are never hurting when it comes to finances and we have really nice things, and we are also the type who doesnt brag about new purchases since its no ones business but ours. when certain ppl come over they make comments saying must be nice or i wish i could afford this stuff. up until last spring i was a SAHM and now im a college student still living on one income. but we buget and plan ahead. these ppl that more-less complain are on a one income but instead of paying bills with their tax checks/student loans they buy stuff from those rent to own places paying a huge amount every month, and they do brag on facebook about their latest purchase, then bitch cause they can pay their monthly bills. the reason we are doing good is because we put bills and food first then extras(which i hope that most ppl do) i dont get why they get mad at us for being responsible..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• It seems that way..We got a huge payoff from my father's life insurance policies and were able to pay off our debt, buy new cars, and put the rest in savings. Instead of being happy that we are on our feet again and out of the hole, my MIL and SIL are acting like complete bitches about it. They expected us to give them some money but that is not going to happen. The moment I give them something, they will want more and more and it will never end. Their rationale is if we can afford brand new 2011 SUVs then SURELY we can give them something. Assholes.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• They aren't mad at you, they are mad at themselves and just taking it out on you.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• They look at you & see how well you do certain things and it angers them they cannot do the same

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 5:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I personally feel that when people talk negatively about others it's becasuse they're jealous. They're upset because they don't know how to manage their money as well. Good for you on being responsible. Don't let what others say bother you. :-)
    Hope this helps a bit.
    www.ErikaCarrillo.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Don't let it bother you. Keep doing good with your money, it sound like you are doing great. We make a lot less than you and I stay at home. We always have what we need and more b/c I am really good with our money.
    picot08

Answer by picot08 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I agree with you 100 percent great point there to i don't pay bills ahead of time cause i have to pay back taxes because i am a independent contractor! but we always put bills and food before anything else
    2_kiddos

Answer by 2_kiddos at 5:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• 2 kiddos

i think thts unfair, my dh made 13,000 more this year and we got less back on taxes, and im bettin this is our last year of gettin anything back since my starting pay after i graduate in june will be 40k a year so our combined will be close to 100k, but yet these people who barely work gets a ton of money, the ppl that complain to dh n i got back nearly 8k this year with federal alone and we got less than half of that. and the main reason we got anyback is because of what i paid towards tuition . it seems backwards that those of us who bust our ass have to pay those who dont. once i finish med school im sure ill be payin in every year, even though im going to be bustin my ass in medical school and going to be payin up the waazoo in student loans.... those of us who work harder to achieve our career goals shouldnt have to pay those who could give a sh*t less about their careers.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• lzsarejman...i hear you there. since my dh got a good job my mil expects us to help my dh's sister out cause she cant keep a job and her dh is a herion user. and mil gives dh the guilt trip when he doesnt help her out, he now tells them that im in charge of the finances and that i wont let him have the money...they think im a b*th for it but oh well, its my,our, job to support our own kids not anyone elses. mil called complainin to my dh cause i spent 200 on my cats gettin them a cat tree. the $ came out of my student loan, i guess one could argue that it wasnt responsible but we could afford it and im the one paying it back not anyone else. she was mad cause my dhs sister needed 200 to pay the room rent at the motel. i said oh well, my cats are more important right now. my cats and snake are my other kids and i treat them as such. i make sure all of my babies are spoiled
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• For what it's worth, I am happy for you. Your life, your money..Enjoy what you have worked so hard to earn.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2011