What are you going to do with tx refun?

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• Buy my daughter a big girl bed. Buy some clothes for her and I. Give my mom some $ b/c she watches her while I work. Put the rest in savings.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Tax return? Not everyone makes the min to get a happy, 4,000 check. I wish they would kill the EIC. if you make 1,100 a year, are you really deserving of that extra 1,500 you DIDN'T earn? what about the extra grand per child?

The higher the tax bracket, the less you bring back on a return... unless you make hundreds of thousands.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Why are you always so grumpy Obby? I don't get EIC and I still get a tax check.!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Honestly, I'm just hoping we don't owe. If we do get anything back, I'll just throw it in savings.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would LIKE to get some artwork and stuff to put on the walls, they're bare. More than likely, though, we'll put most of it towards getting another car since mine is a hoopty car.
    ShirleyB335

Answer by ShirleyB335 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• we hardly ever get much back, and usually owe more to in State taxes. however, this year, we sold a house, then bought a house, and i only worked through the 2nd quarter. i doubt we'll get any refund back, much less enough to run through Taco Bell for some 'something'. :))
    plus, dh is in a much higher tax-bracket now...perchance to dream.....
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Savings.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Put in a fence! :)
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• save most of it, we need to buy a crib for the new baby and a swing. otherwise its all in savings.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 6:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I think we're going to get our son some Toy Story sheets for his bed. hopefully that will motivate him to actually sleep in it =)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2011