Does your birth control regulate your cycles?

I heard it was supposed to but for me it doesn't. I am on cryselle. I've been on it for about a year. For the past 5 months my period has been late. It has been about 3-4 days late each time. Now it was due on Sunday and is still a no-show. I start a new pack of pills tomorrow. Won't the hormone pill prevent it from coming at all? I'm so sick of being paranoid every month. What kind of birth control actually works for you to regulate your body? I want to switch.

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 6:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Health

• I'm on ortho-cyclen. I have PCOS and had reallllly long cycles, sometimes not having a period for 3 months. I've never had a problem after being on ortho-cyclen. (and it's not ortho tri-cyclen, everyone always thinks that's what I'm talking about but they're 2 different pills) GL to you, I know it's frustrating
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Talk to your OB, the pill you are taking may just not be the right hormone dosage for you. I tried three different kinds before we dound one that worked well for me.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My SIL is on it to regulate hers shes 14. She was having a period several months constantly.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• The combination pills worked for me as long as I was taking them exactly as I was prescribed to. I've taken a few different kinds. The last one I took was yazmin. I have PCOS and will go for a year or more without a period if I'm not taking something. We've been TTC for the last few years so now I take a progesterone only pill in order to start my cycles but I never have a regular cycle.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 6:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2011