Sell, Donate, or Throw Away?

What do you do with outgrown clothes, toys, or things in general you just don't want/need anymore?

I donate everything, or give it away.

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 6:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• save the special stuff, donate or sell the things in good condition, toss the crap.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I give it away to someone in need.

Answer by older at 6:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Donate
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I donate if it seems like something someone else might want and throw away the rest. I have sold only big ticket items like a boat, a trailer, some furniture, but I don't like to mess around with selling little piddly things like old t-shirts or happy meal toys.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 6:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• donate

Answer by admckenzie at 6:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Usually it depends on the memories attached to the items. I still have cases of clothes and toys left over from when my children were babies, even though they are now adults. But they are my history, my life. I love those memories. I know that if the house was destroyed in a fire or flood those things would go and I could still carry on, but I am not giving them away yet. If I need to make room for something, then I sort and donate. If I am tired of something I will offer it to someone or donate it to an op shop. Nowadays, I try very hard to avoid impulse and greed buys. I make the effort to consider clothing purchases carefully. My family's future will be determined by what I waste money on today.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• i usually donate everything, unless its torn, broken, or unwearable. that's when i throw stuff away. the Veterans come by every 6-8 wks, so its easy to rid your house/closets of things you no longer have need of.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Donate some, sell some
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I am a single Mom and I don't always get support, so I will sell her clothes that I think I can, and then I donate the rest. I donate her toys, used dance shoes, etc.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I will donate them. I'm in the process of Spring cleaning and my car is loaded for a drop off.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2011