When should I have it removed? adult content

My fiancee and I are looking to get married this spring and I am wanting to conceive this late fall/early winter. We both have 1 child from previous relationships.
So my question is this: when should I have my IUD removed? I had Mirena put in right after my daughter was born in Oct 2008 So Ive had it for a little over 2 years. IDK when I should go have it removed- a few months from now or now? any suggestions would be much appreciated!! Thanks for reading!!!

WonderMom2008

Asked by WonderMom2008 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Have it removed the moment you want to get pregnant. Doctors say you can get pregnant right away after having it removed. If you get it removed now, you may be risking having a bump at your wedding. If that's not what you want, left it be.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Take it out around three months from when you want to start trying. It's not like other BC's you can get pregnant right away... You should at least wait til after the honey moon ;)
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 11:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Doesn't the Mirena have hormones in it? I thought the copper one you could get preggo after its taken out.
    I would talk to my doctor.

But, if I were guessing...6 months.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 1:48 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Ask your ob/gyn.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:50 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i would remove it as soon as you guys are ready to try
    Ninisopretty120

Answer by Ninisopretty120 at 1:50 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I got my Mirena out in Oct 2010. We are still TTC. I have heard of women who got pregnant the last months but even one the mirena website the average is 1 year!
    SARAHBIGGS1987

Answer by SARAHBIGGS1987 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• lol I meant they got pregnant the next month not the last.. lol
    SARAHBIGGS1987

Answer by SARAHBIGGS1987 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i would say take it out as soon as you two are ready.. i did it last month and i'm now going on 8 weeks pregnant... for some like me it does happen fast.. so the best of luck to you.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My doc told me to take it out right away and just use the "pull out" method. I had mine removed 6 months before we started trying and then got pregnant on the first try. You need to start taking prenatal vitamins now, it helps produce healthy eggs every month too.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i would have it removed as soom as u get married because it can take mths after yiu have it out to get pregnant or u could get pregnant that day lol
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 5:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2011