If a pregnant of age woman gave you money to buy her a pack of cigarettes for whatever reason, would you?

First off I am a smoker and I didn't smoke during pregnancy, that was my choice just like it's a choice to smoke during pregnancy. I had someone who I know who is 5 months pg ask me to buy her a pack of cigs because she didn't have a way to the store. I did it but now I feel extremely guilty.

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 6:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Health

• Definitely NO. This person does not need to smoke. Her baby does not need to smoke. She used you and preyed upon your goodwill. If she tries it again say, "NO". Guess what? She will try it again! She is attempting to transfer onto you her guilt at smoking while pregnant. You could suggest that she puts that cigarette money in a jar and buys herself a nice diamond ring after the baby is born!!!
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• No. Yes it's her right to choose to smoke during pregnancy but I don't have to perpetuate it by taking part.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would do it, it's helping a friend. It's not my job (or judgment) to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do while pregnant.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I don't think I would.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 6:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• No I wouldn't buy cigarettes for anyone not just pregnant women

Answer by admckenzie at 6:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• No I wouldn't.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• No, I wouldn't. I have a friend who had a baby born with a cleft lip and palette the doctor said cigarette smoking was a major risk factor for this birth defect. I couldn't do it.

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I forgot to actually answer the question, lol.  Yes I would get my friend a pack of smokes. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• no.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would say first off, don't compromise your own morals.  I would suggest not buying cigarettes for her again.  To smoke or not is her own choice, not yours. You accept no fault or responsibility for it.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2011