EWWWW EWWWWWW EWWWW EWWWWW!!!!!

It was my ex's weekend for my oldest daughter. His child had lice. He nonchalantly drops her off at my house and then TEXTS that I might want to check her. I do know what to look for and I don't have a car tonight.

I had her strip down, put different clothes on, clothes are outside in a plastic bag.

Head LOOKS clean, but I don't have a lice comb, and I saturated her head with oil and wrapped in a grocery store bag.

I'm wearing a grocery store bag turban.

Is there anything else I can do to keep her/my other kids from getting infested?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 6:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Sounds like you have it under control. What a jerk - he should have cleaned up the problem before your DD got there, or at least warned you before she came in the house.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Keep her away from any couches, beds, chairs, stuffed animals, anything with a fuzzy furry surface. If she her head has come into contact with anything, get it in the washer/dryer asap.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Make sure her bath towel is separated from the others.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• we hope it never happen again .
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Tea tree oil shampoo will help to get rid of the buggies & keep them away.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I was told by a friend who has family in Israel (apparently it's a big problem over there) that they wont attached to color treated hair. So if you're worried about your own hair you can color over it the same color it already is. She also told me that mayonnaise on the head and cover with a bag will kill them. I think you have to leave it one for around 2 hours though. When you wash the bedding you're supposed to use a laundromat because apparently they are hotter and will kill them whereas a home washing machine wont be hot enough. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• What a jerk!!!!!!! I don't know any other remedies other then what has been already said but I can't believe he would do that
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2011