How do you get yourself...

motivated to start exercising?

HappyGirl44

Asked by HappyGirl44 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Health

• I want to live long enough to get old

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i watch music videos that have all the pretty skinny women in bikinis, and that encourages me to just get up and get started. Plus the music is usually up beat so that gets me in the mood too
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• i watch biggest loser.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I roller skate 2 times a week, and it doesn't seem like exercise. On the other days, I walk...I just do it and make it a part of my daily ritual.
    CouponKO

Answer by CouponKO at 7:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I like to watch the P90X infomercials...but apparently I think it's going to happen through osmosis, because I have yet to find the motivation :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Start to walk to.

Answer by louise2 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Start at a gym with a trainer for 6 weeks. This creates a habit. If you don't have the income to do this, get a buddy to work out in your home for six weeks. pick up a workout tape at a Thrift Store for a dollar. Ask them to commit to six weeks to get you started. If they don't want to do the full six weeks, see if you can get six ppl to commit to one week each or three ppl to two weeks. If you have family, have them all get involved with you. Never feel you have to do it alone. There are a lot who are trying to, just like you. You can also call the local malls to see if they have a walking program, which is the best. They walk before the mail is open. Great way to meet others and be encouraged while doing it> Hope this helps! U CAN DO IT!
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 7:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• my son and my pregnancy do... my son loves going for walks and doing exercises so it makes it nice so we can do it together.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I am trying. Joined a gym 2 weeks ago went twice and have been to sick to go since. Hopefull next week I will try again.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2011