Should I throw it all away?

I really want to throw away absolutly everything I know is cluttering up my home, even at the risk of having my husband think I have gone absolutly mad. We have our baby coming in 10 more weeks and stuff is just not moving out quick enough to declutter and I am running out of time and have no help . Anyhow I feel somewhat guilty that quite a lot of the stuff could be sold for money that i know we could use but i am about to cry over all the junk! Should I just throw it all out? I mean is any amount of money worth my sanity?

Asked by hotrodmomma at 7:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Ask him to help your sort out the money items, get them sold and you both throw away the rest. With 10 weeks left, this could be your natural nesting.

Answer by keisha613 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Pack it up and put it in storage. For now. Go through it later.

Answer by louise2 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Chuck it,trust me on this

Answer by shivasgirl at 7:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I just donated a whole bunch of stuff when I decluttered the house for winter. I say toss it, if you are to the point that you're ready to pull out your hair, just throw it out, it isn't worth your sanity. You can even put it by the road and put "free" on it. I go through this house once every 3 months to declutter, after we simplified, I feel so much better about our house and myself...good luck to you.

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• i get rid of everything, all the time. i am constantly getting rid of things we don't need and don't have the space to keep. if you have a home, host a garage sale. if you live in an apartment complex, post pictures of sellable items in common areas. i got rid of a lot of stuff that way, things i thought NO ONE would ever buy but they did. people will buy anything.

anything else, i often tell my husband if he hasn't found a use for it within a week, it's going to goodwill.

Answer by mellypoo at 7:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Decluttering is sooo worth it. Or if it is nice things, box it up and save it for a yard sale this spring!!!

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 7:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Watch the show Hoarders. Not saying you are one, but they always save stuff "to sell later to make money" and never do. Store it elsewhere or just get rid of it.

Answer by SinfulBliss at 7:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• YARD SALE! If you want to put up with it. We throw tons of stuff away all the time. If w don't use it & it's not something important to have, it goes. We cannot stand clutter. It actually feeld good to me to throw crap away & de-clutter. i feel like i can breath easy afterwards.

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• get rid of it!! if you don't want to throw it away, donate it to charity..all of it. they will even come pick it all up..better than hauling down yourself!

tax write-off!!!

Answer by dullscissors at 8:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Take it to a donation site, get a value amount donation receipt and use it on your tax returns next year.

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 5:45 AM on Jan. 30, 2011