I want to get Tarot Cards, but I heard they won't read the right wa if I buy them myself. Is this true?

rebelpride

Asked by rebelpride at 7:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Absolutely not!! I bought my first deck and I love them. I even do my own readings (you have to really know how to not be biased) Find a deck that calls to you, that you feel you just have to have...and good luck, you'll love them.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Thank you so much, this is all kind of new to me, but every aspect of it draws me in.
    rebelpride

Comment by rebelpride (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I heard the opposite, that you have to pick them yourself. You have to be "drawn" to your tarot deck for it to work the best. If someone else picks it out, that would be the deck that they are drawn to, not you. You want your deck to be uniquely yours.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It all depends. My DH was drawn to the ones he bought for me. But, he was thinking of me when he bought them. They are the only deck that works well for me.
    Now, it is more that you should be drawn to them. The deck will call to you.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 7:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• No! If anything I think it's the other way around. You want a deck you will connect with, who better to know if you connect than you...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• thank you ladies
    rebelpride

Comment by rebelpride (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I've bought both sets of mine and they work wonderfully for me.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I think it's only true if you believe it to be true. Believe can be a powerful thing. I personally don't like other people choosing tools for me because they are so personal.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 10:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Usualy people would learn to read tarot by someone who has done it for years and they would pass down a deck to you. I have had a deck given to me and have got a few for myself and for me there is no difference in the decks because they were not given to me. I connect best with my dragon deck that I got. Have fun and I hope you find a good deck for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i heard this too
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:24 AM on Jan. 30, 2011