when is a good time to give baby juice?

when is a good time to incorparate juice throughout the day? Like what times before or after bottles? Or should I only give juice every now and then? lol the whole juice thing confuses me for some reason

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Discuss it with your doctor. S/he'll help you decide how much and how often your baby should have it...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• We don't do juice. Never have, don't plan to in the future. I don't see the point. It's mostly just extra sugar.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I started giving my son juice (watered down) at about 3 months. It can't hurt the baby.
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My doctor strongly prefers that we don't give the baby juice. She said that it basically just teaches them to like sweet beverages instead of drinking water or milk.

That being said, if you want to give juice give your baby juice. :) As to the when, what I've read is not before 6 months and no more than 4oz per day mixed at no less than a 50/50 ratio. That's what i've read, anyway...I don't stand by it because I still don't think it's needed. lol But that's my opinion. :D
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Our Peditricain told us that we could start to give juice at 2 months for constipation, as needed. No more than 4 oz a day, and mixed with ATLEAST 50% water like someone had mentioned before. I personally don't give my baby juice yet, she is EBF. Juice is empty calories, and unnecessary for healthy development & growth. However, I don't think giving it once in a while it will hurt a baby. I also don't think it's teaching a child to like sweet beverages anymore than breast milk or formula, both of which are sweet.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I only do it every now and than because it's not a need. It's just a little extra nutrients and better tasting than water or formula. We give our daughter a bottle every two weeks when we're out and about during the day. We usually only give her about four oz. I wouldn't do it around the time your baby eats because you don't want to substitute it for food.
    sunshinemommy08

Answer by sunshinemommy08 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• See what you doctor recommends, but juice should be limited as it has little to no nutritional value and lots of sugar (more than soda!). Of course, you water it down....and it is very true that you don't want it to interfere with the other more important things she should be drinking and eating!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 1:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2008