Do you think it's horrible to lie in order to better my child?

I plan on lying to get my son in a better school district. I live in a horrible district with gangs, guns and drugs. My mom lives 30 mins away in a different county with way better schools. We plan on using her adress.

We did apply for scholarships to private schools but nothing panned out and can't afford tuition.

So just wondering, what's you ladies opinions? Would u lie to better your child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• When the law is unjust, then breaking the law is just. Civil disobedience, just like Rosa Parks. Break the unjust law and get your kid into your good school.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 8:34 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I think you should do whatever it takes to make it happen. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I think sometimes it's okay to fib. And I consider this a fib :) you're doing it to better your children and noone can fault you for that.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would do it.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I wouldnt, my parents got caught doing it for me. I got kicked out of the school with no credits transferred, It fucked me over bad in high school. Plus schools can take you to court over it.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would move, I would not lie about where I lived. It's not a great lesson for your child (it's okay to lie when it benefits you) and it can lead to you getting sued for tution, even it it's a public school.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would, yes.  Although, there might be an easier route.  You can request a transfer if the school has a low score. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would do it too
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I don't blame you really. It's your mom's house anyway, & I'm sure your child spends time over there, just be careful. If the school thinks you may live elsewhere, you can get in trouble & may have to owe them an out of town tuition fee. Lots of public schools will allow children from other towns to attend their school for a price, so be really careful. If you get caught, they may make you pay up. Don't tell ANYONE from your child's school that you don't live in the school district.

If you do get caught, you can try & say your child lives with your mom. IDK.....

OR, if you & your mom are close & trust each other, you can give her temporary guardianship of your child & that way it will be legal for your son to go to school in her district.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Do what you have to do Momma
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2011