20wks and only gaimed 6pounds

hi guys im 20wks and 4days and ive only gained 6pounds do u guys think thats healthy or what help me out

MOMMY2BNOV21

Asked by MOMMY2BNOV21 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• With my 3rd baby I had morning(all day)sickness till a mth before I had her.I actually lost 13lbs and gained it back a couple mths before I had her.My doc said it was fine cuz I was still measuring what I needed to be but I just didn't gain the weight till later.Try not to worry about it and try to eat healthy foods and not too many junky foods(they have the wrong kinds of fat that you need when you are prego)Good luck and try not to stress too much.Stress is worse than not gaining a whole lot of weight!!
    ArmyWife041408

Answer by ArmyWife041408 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Hey how you doing, dont worry am 25 weeks almost 26 and I just gained 12 pounds ...Its normal you i'll get all your pounds during the last months
    EvaMaria18

Answer by EvaMaria18 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I didn't start gaining weight until I hit 28 weeks (and I'm on my 3rd baby, too!). I think, so long as you're eating healthy, weight gain isn't an issue. Unless, of course, you have a sudden weight gain or weight loss. You're looking for steady weight gain.
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 7:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I think it's ok. I only gained 12 plds my whole first pregnancy because I was so active and had a few jobs. as long as they baby is growing you should be fine.
    Anonymous

• with my youngest son I lost 34 lbs till my last month when I only gained back 6 of it.... it depends on your body type(I'm a bigger woman) and if your measuring the ways your supposed to... ask your doc if everything is fine...
    mamabear8869

Answer by mamabear8869 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I think every pregnancy is different. With my daughter, I had only gained 4lbs by 6 months...and I'm 12 weeks pregnant now and have gained 6lbs already. My sister gained 40lbs with one child and only 5lbs with the next...all the babies were perfectly healthy, so as long as your getting good nutritious food and keeping it down, I wouldn't worry too much.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• It depends on your height, your prepregnancy weight and the baby's development. Averaged sized women are expected to gain around 35-40 lbs. Larger women, less than 20. I personally gained 6 lbs my whole pregnancy and a girlfriend of mine gained 90 lbs. It varies!
    handsomebabyj

Answer by handsomebabyj at 12:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• No one can answer that for you other than your doctor! If he isn't concerened, then you do not need to be. He is the one best suited to telling you if is healthy or not based on your pre-pregnancy weight, the size of the baby,etc. Good luck! And you lucky dog..I gained 6 pounds in two weeks :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• i am 25 weeks and gained 20 lds i was real small myself. Evey pregnancy is different.. good luck to you...
    kaydensmama143

Answer by kaydensmama143 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• its fine i didnt gain any weight until after four months i lost 8 pounds and i have only gained 15 pounds and im 35 weeks. and my doctor says its fine.
    greenegurls

Answer by greenegurls at 6:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2008