is it wrong that this annoys me?

Some naming trends I find adorable. A Christmas baby = Noelle? Cute. 4th of July baby = Libby or Liberty? Even cuter!!!!

Having a baby in January and naming it Summer or having a baby in May and naming it Autumn = KILLS ME everytime.

I know, I know it's not my baby I shouldn't care what someone else names their own child. But still... how do you feel about these things?

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Baby Names

• lol.... i think qe all find weird things annoying... lol!! This is one I have never heard of but I will tell you, I'm not a fan of any month, day of the week or season names.. lol!~

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• They may name Summer because she brings sunshine to their life. Autumn because it happened in a established time of their relationship. Words have meaning to people far more than the obvious.

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• some dont name a baby Autumn because they were born in Autumn but because they like the name....

Answer by hill2 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It's whatever for me. Like you said, not my baby. :)

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• i really don't even think about it...

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Never even thought about it before

Answer by nanny29 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• i think there is a lot to be said about what you name your baby

Answer by QandA at 9:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Some people just like the name Summer or Autumn. In fact, one of my good friends has said since she was a teenager that if she had a girl, she wanted to name her either Summer or Autumn because she loved the names. Her daughter was born in February and named Autumn because of a flip of a coin. Don't assume it's the reason(s) you think it is.

But your baby whatever you want....all I ask parents to do is think before they do so. That child has to live with that name and has to live with the spelling of that name for the rest of their lives.

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I guess it's better than naming your son Ashley or any girly names while naming your daughter Bobbie Jo.

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I am not a fan of any of those trends personally but hey whatever they like I guess. Could be A LOT worse.

Answer by jenae_gist at 9:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2011