tooth wiggling drama

is this possible:

the baby tooth is being a pain. it's taking SO LONG to fall out that the adult tooth has grown in behind it and is now so freaking enormous that there's literally no room to wiggle the baby tooth to try and work it out. ??

It appears to be the case.... so now what are we supposed to do? I hate to take him to the dentist for something so non-emergency (his dentist is 2 hours away and quite literally in another state) but if it needs to be pulled obviously I'll have no choice

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Went through the same thing with my 5 year old back in November and she ended up having to get the baby tooth pulled. She refused to wiggle the baby tooth, she's kind of a drama queen about stuff like that.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I did the same thing when I was growing up. I had to have 8 teeth extracted - yes, that is correct, 8. No cavities, but they were baby teeth that never released and I developed essentially two rows of teeth. It's the reason I have tempromandibular joint problems today. I would suggest seeing a pediatric dentist.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2011