I just had my mirena IUD taken out 2 weeks ago, could I be pregnant already?

Today I noticed that I was having some pregancy symptoms, I have heartburn, nausea, and I'm having mood swings. I was feeling great since I had it taken out, until today so I don't know if it might be a pregancy

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It might be your body getting back to normal mode since Mirena has hormones.

Answer by Nanixh at 9:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It is possible. My doctor said as soon as you take it out you can become pregnant it's not like the pill where you need time to get back in baby making mode. If that is what you wanted I hope you are : )

Answer by Anon344 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My girlfriend got pregnant after 3 weeks of removing hers. It must be differernt then the pill cause it took me (fertile myrtle) 6 months to get pregnant after being on the pill

Answer by Chriswith4kids at 10:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• You can only be pregnant if an egg dropped. Were you having normal cycles before while the iud was in? Depending on where you were in your cycle, you could be, but you wouldn't be having preggo symptoms until there's enough hormones to take a test. Good luck!

Answer by Mom2unangel at 10:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• take a test.

Answer by shanapiv at 11:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• A test wouldn't show this early,

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It is pretty early, my husband always gets mad at the prego test i make him buy...He thinks i should wait till after I'm late...Well SURPRISE, my prego test have shown positive 1 week early on each of our 5 blessings!! I think 1 weeks is about the earliest it can be least OTC

Answer by Chriswith4kids at 12:29 AM on Jan. 30, 2011