My son has started screaming at bed time and in the middle of the night what are some things i can do to help him

He seems to only do this when he has his favorite blanket but i don't want to take it from because i just took away the passy

arena234

Asked by arena234 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd let him keep the blanket if that helps him..is he maybe getting a tooth in or something else that bothers him health wise?
    bookmommy

Answer by bookmommy at 9:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes but he is on meds for them he tells me that his old sitter is in the closet and is going to get him

arena234

Comment by arena234 (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Open the closet and show him she is not in there. Maybe leave a light on in the closet. If the blanket is comforting let him have it as long as he wants for naptime/bedtime only.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:34 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Night light. He might be afraid of the dark. Also, did his old babysitter pass away? Show him the closet so he can see she's not there. You could also get one of those eye and hook latches for the door so you can lock it. If he thinks "babysitter" cant get out, maybe that would help.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2011