Turbo Tax

Has anyone used Turbo Tax? Tell me what you thought. DH thinks we should get our taxes done at the turbo tax website and I am a little concerned. I guess I always feel better when I can watch someone look over everything to make sure its right. Did any of you have problems with turbo tax, or did you really like it and would do it again? All opinions welcome.

theosgirl45

Asked by theosgirl45 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• I haven't heard anything bad about Turbo Tax. I have never used it but will this year.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I have used Turbo Tax for about 10 years. I have very involved taxes because we have income property. Turbo tax leads you through it. Usually at tax preperation companies you do the work they just insert the numbers and charge your royally for that. You should have no problem if you do not have any unusual situations.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Turbo tax is guaranteed even if you use it online. I have never had any problems
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It really depends on what your needs are. If you have a simple return with few deductions/exemptions, then go with the on-line software. It walks you through everything step by step and will even check everything automatically at the end to make sure that all fields are filled and you've at least looked at all deductions that seem likely in your situation (i.e., daycare costs if you have kids, etc.), and it will save you a ton of money. If your return is more complicated, then it's probably better to have an actual person at least check it over. If it's in between, perhaps go with a more expensive on-line option that includes phone help if you have a question.

I've used TurboTax, H&R Block, and TaxAct software/websites, and they're all pretty much the same, and have had no complaints or errors with any of them.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I've used Turbo tax for at least 10 years and never had a problem. It's very easy to use.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I've been using Turbo Tax since 1999ish. I have never had a problem with them and I get my refund usually within 10 days or so.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• We've done our taxes online- I think for 3 years now. We had one problem with H&R block, but I'm pretty sure it was a technical glitch. To answer your question OP, if your taxes aren't complicated I don't think there is any problem filing them electronically.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Turbo tax charges too much try freetaxusa.com you e-file federal free and pay only $9.95 to e-file state. You can add audit protection for $5 more if you like. We used it monday, got our state return Direct deposited wed. and will get our fed tomorrow :-) 1 week no problems.
    MyOpionCounts

Answer by MyOpionCounts at 7:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• this was our first yr using it, and i really liked it. it was very easy to use. we had our taxes estimated at h&r block a few months ago and got around the same number when we filed last night ... so it worked for us.
    MrsNewman

Answer by MrsNewman at 8:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2011