Do you have a good relationship with your parents??

I do!! My mom is my best friend. They made me who I am and showed me how to be a good parent : )

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I had a wonderful relationship with my mom. She was killed in a MVA by a drunk driver in 1992. I sure do miss her. She was my lifeline. I could go to her with anything. Mine and my dads relationship was o.k. The last year it got pretty good. He passed away in in2000 with cancer. The last words he ever spoke was my my name. I really miss him. If you still have parents,make sure they know how much you love them everyday and if you don't have a good relationship with them ,try to fix it.You never know when you are going to lose them.
    loretta1968

Answer by loretta1968 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Yes, I do. Closer to my Mom than my Dad. I would be forever lost w/o my Momma.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I miss my daughter. I have her daughter, I have to do the best I can for her.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes I do. I ride my bike with DD over to my moms every morning for breakfast, and talk to her throughout the day. And although I am a little mad at my dad right now, it's nothing big, and i know we will be fine. Always are.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 10:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes, My dad has passed and I miss him so much. Thankfully my dear mom is still alive. I live about 300 miles from her and do not get to see her as often as I would like. but we talk, text or email alot.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Not at all :( I am hoping to vhange that with my 2 daughters. So far my 9 year old has a better reationship with me than what I had with my mom at that age!
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 9:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes for the most part, although my mom and I aren't quite as close as we used to be. My donkey's behind of a brother ruined that. We still talk a lot but there is the situation with my brother hanging over our heads and it causes a little tension. It's like the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I wouldn't call it 'good', but we have one.
    My mother is very verbally abusive. Not just to my sister and I, but to her grandchildren as well. My older son is exempt because he is disabled, but if she starts to treat my younger son that way when he gets older, all hell might break loose.
    She constantly critcizes my neices and they really do not want anything to do with her anymore because of her comments. My one neices is dyslexic and she is constanting making comments to her about her not being able to do things. I've tried to explain to her that her brain processes things differently and she can't do mental math because of her disability, but my mother keeps putting her on the spot about figuring out how much change she should get at a store or something. She also comments to them about their weight and they are both average weight.
    I must admit, sometimes I think I'd avoid her if it weren't for my dad.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My parents are dead.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2011