Does Anyone have suggestions on how to teach children Spanish?

My son and grandson's fathers are Salvadoran and Mexican respectivly and we are trying teach them Spanish. They were speaking alot of Spanish until they started school and not they seem to resent having to learn. The problem is that some of their relatives can't speak English and I feel that they should learn to communicate with them.
The ones who live in the US can speak enough English but they both gave Grandmas in El Salvador and Mexican. Any ideas would be welcome.

MelissaCarole

Asked by MelissaCarole at 9:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Speak only Spanish in the home. That is the best way, and most bilingual families do it that way.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I agree with Anna, speak only Spanish in the house or have one parent or family member speak to the child in Spanish and the other parent speak in English. They will do fine learning both at the same time.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2011