Vaginal birth or C-section and Appetite

So I currently have 4 kids and my husband and I are expecting our 5th on May 13. I have two questions for my fellow expectant mothers... My previous 4 I had via cesarean but since this will most likely be our last baby I REALLY want to experience a natural child birth. My first was a C-section so my ob-gyn recommended c-sections for the next 3. My husbands career changed and I had to get a new DR due to his new insurance and this DR says its totally safe to have a natural birth after a c-sec. I'm so confused and just about googled myself out researching it! Has anyone had a VBAC and if so how did it go? Ok on to my second question...My sister in law FB'd this article she was reading from drop5pounds.com about what TacoBell uses in their "beef" and I seriously almost lost my lunch. There was also some blurb on how many bug parts the fda allows in chocolate etc. My question is on appetite, when I read stuff like this I lose my appetite for like a week. I know I have to keep eating for my baby but there must be some out of whack hormones going on because when I'm not pregnant this type of article wouldn't phase me at all. Does anyone else easily lose their appetite while pregnant?? I guess I could avoid the links in FB but we are so digitally connected with our PC's at work, FB on our smart phones etc, its hard not see this stuff some times. Any comments would be appreciated!

Chriswith4kids

Asked by Chriswith4kids at 10:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You should be able to try for a VBAC, if it isn't going well, they'll do a C-section reguardless.
    Also, since becoming pregnant, I have gained and lost my appetite for many things, even things I LOVE to eat I can't handle or flat out don't want.
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• that's what im thinking hippomom1919, i think my last DR was a little old fashion because I've found numerous articles supporting VBAC. But its tough to ignore the advice of my old DR who successfully delivered my 4 angles!!
    Chriswith4kids

Comment by Chriswith4kids (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• As far as appetite, I never have one during pregnancy and it is not really because of seeing gross things it is just the way that I am. You just have to remember that you are not eating for yourself for you baby so you have to suck it up and sometimes eat something even when you don't feel like it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Thanks Melbornj, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that loses appetite during pregnancy. This is the first time I have experienced this and since I'm past my 1st trimester I was concerned maybe its a hormone thing. Guess I should just stay away from FB website links to cricket parts in my cheerios!!
    Chriswith4kids

Comment by Chriswith4kids (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• The less processed your food is the healthier~~
    ;-)

If it were me, I would ONLY choose a cesarean for emergent situations.
    Lots of women have VBACs after multiple cesareans because they want a safer experience.

When you consult with a surgeon they will often suggest surgery...
    Talk with a Normal Birth Specialist (midwife) and you're likely to have a different recommendation.

Would you like info on VBACs?
    I have a ton.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Wow you give me hope.. my doctor keeps trying to push a cesarean.. I want a natural birth more than anything I don't know why he keeps pushing so hard.. My son was born cesarean.. and I guess the doctor wants to play it safe?
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 11:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Ok Doulala, please do message me the info. This is prob my last shot to experience what GOD intended women to feel...Is it still safe after 4 c-sections though? Opinions are all over the place on this one!!!
    Chriswith4kids

Comment by Chriswith4kids (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Punkslilncs: "My son was born cesarean.. and I guess the doctor wants to play it safe? "

Not necessarily: Why did you have the cesarean?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2011