Do you help out at your childs school?

summerbear

Asked by summerbear at 10:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes almost every day. Even with my two toddler in tow they still appreciate the help and I love being there near my little one. The teacher is so wonderful and I know most would not two extra kids in their classroom but she is great.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes, that is one of the only perks I have from working evenings, I can help at any party they have or anything they need help with.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• YES!! lol. I think I volunteer more now then when they where little, isnt that crazy! I am the secretary for the booster program that my kids are in. We have fund raisers and executive council meetings every month. It keeps me busy
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I have 2 adult daughters and a son in elementary school. When my daughters were little I did. But I don't at my son's school. When they were little, I got to the point of burnout from being pulled in so many different directions with my volunteerism, that I learned how to say no. Now I pick and choose very carefully where I will volunteer my time....I volunteer a bit for his cubscout troop, and that's about it for the moment.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My husband is a school teacher and I love getting to come with him and help with little things that fill the day for me (and seem a lot like busywork -posters, buttons, fixing things, making worksheets, grading, etc.) but mean a whole lot to his program. When our baby gets to school age I hope to be able to help out with things at their school - I'm really looking forward to it!!
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• When my children were n preschool/early elementary, yes! Now that they're a little older, and I am a teacher, I am not PHYSICALLY as involved on a daily basis, but I am a member of the PTA and attend all school related functions that my children participate in, as well as conferences, and fundraisers.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:11 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I volunteered at the kids' schools all the way through junior high.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:13 AM on Jan. 30, 2011