Today was the ultrasound where I found out what my baby was, anyway I had a less then full bladder and the Doctor ask me to come back in 8 weeks so that he could re-examine the babies head. Is this normal?

I am about 20 weeks along. My appointment was scheduled for early morning, and I was prepared all most dieing to pee actually. But the Doctor had to reschedule all appointments for after 1 so I wasnt all prepared again had what I would call less then a full baldder. Point being the Doctor was able to tell what the baby was and he also measured the baby, showed me feet, hands, fingers, etc. But after the ultrasound he asked me to return in 8 weeks for another ultrasound where he could examine the head of the baby. Is this normal.

NewMommy328

Asked by NewMommy328 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yep, if he didn't get a good look at the head, they'll call you back in for another one.
    Anonymous

• Dont worry. My first pregnancy the tech doing the ultra sounds at that point was a little...well dumb lol. She could not find my DDs brain. (I didnt know that at the time) She sent me to a specialist that same day and just told me I would be getting 3D ultra sounds. Being my 1st I just took her word for it, no questions asked. I was hooked up to all sorts af ultra sound machines and surrounded by pictures of my baby everywhere. I was in heaven. Until the doc. walks in and looks around for a moment then casually states "your baby has a brain." UH WHAT?!? lol. If they were genuinly concerned something was wrong they would have sent you to a specialist that same day...I am sure your baby is fine:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• If he had to reschedule all his appt. maybe he didn't have enough time to measure and look at everything he wanted. Did your doctor go over the ultrasound with you yet? At your next ob appt just ask the doctor why you need to go back just so you know for sure.
    Anonymous

• We had this problem but it was with the heart. We went in at 18 weeks. The tech was unable to get the shots she needed for the doctor on the ultrasound. Baby was being a pill and not showing much of anything that day. We had to go back 4 weeks later to get the shots. everything is fine.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2008