teeth and pregnancy

I had a scheduled appt. to get my wisdom teeth pulled and right before it found out I was pregnant. They were not bothering me at the time so I figured they were okay to postpone. I am 25 weeks along now and the top left one is digging into my cheek and is very uncomfortable to say the least. I am using Orajel to numb it in the meantime. I will be calling a dentist tomorrow, but is there anything they will be able to do to keep it from bothering me? Can they still pull it right now?

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 10:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If women can have major surgery just to keep baby, why not minor surgery to get ride to bothersom teethe? I would think that they can help you and remove it. Good Luck
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 11:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• 2nd trimester is the best time for dental work. They can pull it, but you can't have regular novicaine - it has to be epinephrine free novicaine. Talk to your ObGyn and your dentist asap. You don't want to wait much longer or you won't be able to get it done until after you have your baby.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• they can still pull it

sorry sweetie! I know your pain! :( it's not fun!
    Anonymous

• I am an RN they can still pull it as long as ur not a high risk pregnancy
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 11:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Eh, I doubt they will pull it b/c of the anestegia they have to give you. My guess is that they will tell you to take tylenol and send you home, but I don't know???
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Ok, never mind. I guessed wrong. lol. Well, I'm glad that you can get it pulled! I posted my answer before reading the others. lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I can totally relate! I am 28 weeks and just had to have two root canals.. ouch :( . They can do local anesthetic for necessary dental work... your dentist will need an "okay" from your OB. They can also give you certain pain medications for temporary relief after they pull it. (also verify with your OB what is safe)

Good luck!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It will all depend on what kind of removal you need, as having wisdom teeth removed is not the same as having regular teeth pulled. Ask lots and lots of questions before you do anything!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I had a tooth pulled at about 7 months along. They gave me Tylenol 3 for the pain.
    1erica1978

Answer by 1erica1978 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I had a tooth pulled 7 months prego, and it was fine. The OB and the oral surgeon conferred first, and my OB is the one who prescribed the pain meds.
    Wisdom teeth, however, can be a lot more involved, but if your doc and dentist ok it, you'll be fine.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 12:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2008