Have you ever had to call 911?

genagina

Asked by genagina at 10:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes, one of my students on the school bus, her sugar was high, she is diabetic.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• i did; I fell and hit my head. The next morning my neck was really stiff and my right arm went numb. I called the nurse hotline, who had me call 911. They took myself and my 1yo to the ER. (I was ok, broke one of the vertebrae in my neck).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes. I had a client's heart stop on my shift, not something anyone ever wants to experience.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Several times for my son ...
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes
    I had worked at a small town grocery store adn there used to be many accidents in front of the store. It help prepare me for when I had to call when my sister was in a severe car accident in front of my house.
    I also used to work in the MR/MH field with individuals who had health issues. I had to call many times at that job.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• yes, several times. i used to work at a cu where we were robbed once, i had a customer's car catch on fire in the drive thru, i had a suspicious customer in the lobby. I called another time when I grease caught fire in my kitchen. I also called the day I had my son because I didn't think I was going to make it to hospital.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I used to work at a grocery store and had to call it many times.
    Anonymous

• More than once!!! A riding lawn mower caught fire, for help when my grandmother fell....she fell a lot....
    dalene66

Answer by dalene66 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• sure: once as a home care nurse for a guy that was vomiting blood (his wife called us from HER hospital room because "he doesn't sound right"), once for a patient of mine with a 2 year old who went into early labor, was bleeding and no neighbors were home (I was talking to her on a cell phone), at least 3 times for my dad: heart problems/ pneumonia/ stroke, at least once for my mom: pneumonia, um....once to report a guy with a gun on my street....um....I guess that's all I remember.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• no it wouldnt do me much good anyhow seeing as im in england lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2011