Wine Storage?

Since we are moving, I just bought 2 cases of my favorite wine. It's made in a local "micro-winery" (they don't have their own vineyard, they buy the juice from around the world and mix their own blends). They use synthetic corks.

I have a wine rack that's protected from light (and is temperature controlled) and the wine is stored on it's side, but is there anything else I should do to make sure the wine stays fresh? It's not a real expensive wine ($13 a bottle), I'm guessing that storage time is 6 months, or a year maybe?

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 10:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• So long as you do not expose the wine to extreme tempatures you should be more than fine.
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• They say to make sure it is away from vibrations as it disrupts the wine. Is it red or white ? Red wine can be stored longer. Since it;s in something temp controlled and stored on it's side it should be fine.
    HadleyAzure

Answer by HadleyAzure at 5:33 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Call the winery and ask them these questions. They are the experts on their wine. Good luck with the move.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:01 AM on Jan. 30, 2011