I will like to adopt a newborn (domestic adoption). Any one know where I can go or where I can go to do it?

I'm a mother of three boys (12yrs, 10 yrs, and 5 yrs old), since I had my last baby, we (my husband and I) decide to not have more biological kids. I had 3 C-Sections and my back was affected from the several epidurals and a fall that I suffer, and the Doctor found out I had disks degenerative condition from L1-S1. I been doing searching to see if we can adopt a baby. And all I can find is a agency that had disable kids with several conditions to get adopt it. And I ask myself, why? I don't want to offend no one but I also had a disable kid in my own family and I know the hard work you do and have go through. But you see in TV saying that are many kids out there to get adopt it. If some one can tell me where I can find a good agency or want o make a comment is more than welcome. Did anyone know how the adoptions for military families works? Did you think I should experience any problem if we found the baby? Did I can go with to without an agency? Thanks

Amyelitza69

Asked by Amyelitza69 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Adoption

• Sometimes people place ads saying they want to adopt from those people who want to give up their babies. Maybe you can talk to a lawyer or someone who would know the best way to go about doing that. Like a private adoption or whatnot, maybe from a teen mother or something.
    Anonymous

• We are more than happy to adopt a baby from a teen mom but we are new in the are and I really don't know where I can go. We are a military family and we love kids. Like I mention we have 3 beautiful boys but we still with the "baby girl" thing. I would like to be able to do some girl stuffs and my husband would like to have "daddy's little girl". I will see where I can go to see if I can get more information about that. Thanks!
    Amyelitza69

Comment by Amyelitza69 (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Catholic or Lutheran Social Services. Both numbers will be in the phone book. They do both domestic and foreign adoption.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• You don't have any idea if is a lot of $$ for adoptions with those social services? Thanks!
    Amyelitza69

Comment by Amyelitza69 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• What site are you looking at, that you mentioned in your previous post? My husband and I have one biological child, son, unable to have more, We are currently awaiting the finalization of our daughter we are adopting that has Spina Bifida and we are hoping to adopt again in the near future more children with Special needs, preferable medical needs. Would love to see the site you are talking about! Thank you!

As far as infant adoption, on average they cost between 10,000-30,000 depending on how picky you are. Plus, for every infant placed up for adoption, they are 40+ couples awaiting to adopt, most childless couples that would otherwise never know the joys of being a first time parent to a baby period. Good luck, adopting a baby is a shark tank!
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 1:43 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• TiffyTaffy79 here is the website I use.

http://www.comeunity.com/adoption/waiting/photolists.html#State%20Adoption%20Photolisting
    Amyelitza69

Comment by Amyelitza69 (original poster) at 2:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Please send me a PM for more info and feel free to join my group here on CM. M.A.M.A. (Making Adoption More Affordable)
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 7:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• "Special needs" or "hard to place" does not always mean physical disability. We got our profile shown faster just because we were open to a child of any race. I will tell you that any route you go (private adoption or foster-adopt), it may not go over well if you say that you are only open to a child of a certain gender. You can look at adoptuskids.org and see individual children who are already free for adoption. That would be a way you can be sure you get a girl.

We used Catholic Charities both times. The first adoption was $5,000 plus legal fees, the second was $10,000 plus legal fees. GL!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Where do you live? Every state had different laws and regulations. I adopted twice in California. You can foster adopt which takes along time and a birth mother can be given back the child or another relative could adopt the child before you are aloud to. You can go through an adoption agency, the birth mother gives up the child to the agency and the mother has a certain amount of time to change her mind. The agency has custody of the child and places it in your home and you are observed for 6 months then you are able to go to court and finalize the adoption. Open adoption is where you allow the birth mother and or birth father to be apart of the babies life. There are different amounts of contact that the birth parent would have with your child. Lawyer or private adoption. A lawyer or you find a birth mother and the birth parent chooses the parent . You pay the girls expenses. Go online and get educated
    Mommad1947

Answer by Mommad1947 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Go through an adoption agency.

There are grants, loans and tax credits you can get to aid in the cost of adoption.

A healthy new born is NOT readily avaliable so be prepared to WAIT A LONG TIME (sometimes 2 years!) for placement. You also have to be chosen by the parents to adopt in most cases.

Anonymous