Getting ink out of fabric??

Anyone have any advice how to get ink or permanent marker out of fabric?? My son just got marker on my brand new sheets and comforter, not to mention his shirt, pants and hands!

mom2XandZ

Asked by mom2XandZ at 10:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Rubbing alcohol, blot, blot, blot.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 11:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• One time when i was babysitting, the boy took a whole jar of ink that i had just bought for my art supplies and dumped it all over the back seat of my car. I followed the directions on the oxyclean bucket and it took it right out, but the ink was still wet as well. And it was an old car that the seats weren't stain treated, but you couldn't even see where the ink had been when i was threw with it. That's the only suggestion i have. Good luck.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Try hair spray!
    amaciag

Answer by amaciag at 1:05 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Acetone and a rag. Keep blotting until the ink is gone.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:29 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i used murphy's oil soap for hardwood floors...just follow the directions on the back of the bottle for clothes..my husband had an ink pen in his pocket and i missed it and it exploded in the dryer..wow what a mess...but i use the oil soap and most were saved good luck
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 6:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Finger nail polish remover
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Hairspray! I thought my new blouse was ruined and one of the other ladies here on Cafemom recommended hairspray, took the huge permanent marker stain right out!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Thanks for all the suggestions! I tried nail polish remover and alcohol on the shirt (just wanted to see if one worked better than the other!) and that got most of it out. There's still a couple of bigger spots I'm working on, then I'll have to tackle the sheets and comforter!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:59 AM on Nov. 16, 2008