Amnio results? Steriods? URGENT!! PLEASE Help with Answers, Advice, and Personal Experience!!! adult content

I had the Amnio yesterday and the results came back that her lungs were not yet ready, a 22 when they need to be a 55. I have extremely high BP and many comlpications such as starting to develop toxemia. Regardless, the doctor wants me to be induced and deliver her by the end of the week. I had my first shot of steroids yesterday and my second and final shot today. how effective is this? DO you believe that the baby will be okay? Should she have to stay in NICU? If so, how long do you think? Will the steroids make a difference? How much of a difference? Im apologize for rambling just very nervous and scareed for the baby. Also I will be 37 weeks tomorrow.. I am Leaving everything in God's hands and have faith he will take care of our baby girl. Also, if anyone would like to share their stories of Amnio results and delivery and outcome of their baby that would be great!! Thanks and God Bless You!!

KinsleysMommy15

Asked by KinsleysMommy15 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 37 Weeks is a bit early but your doctor would not be inducing you if they weren't sure that is what is best for you and the baby. I am sure they will check lung development before doing anything further also you can ask about it just for simple reassurance. I found this link it might help you. http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/pretermlabor/a/pretermnews.htm
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 11:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My water broke at 21 weeks and the doctor discussed giving me steroids to help.the baby lungs mature. I was told they would start around around 24 weeks. I didn't make it that far I began having contractions and had the baby at 21 weeks. Unfortunately she didn't make it. I think you will do fine and so will your baby. I gave birth to my now 20 mth old daughter at 36 wks 4 days. She was just fine but I immediately began breast feeding. Again, I think you will do well because you are far along. Good luck mama :)
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Oh I fail to mention I was diagnosed with preeclampsia and had protein in my urine which was why I gave birth at 36 wks 4 days
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It really is in God's hands! when I was pregnant with my dd they found pre cancerous cell in my cervix at 8 weeks pregnant so they did an amnio at 36 weeks her lungs were good and I delivered 36weeks 2 day induced. I believe they will do only what is best for you and your baby all you can do is pray! Good luck girly! Your in my prayers!
    s_toman7

Answer by s_toman7 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2011