I am pretty sure I ate raw chicken.. help?

I don't wanna bother my OBGYN.. I just got out of the hospital 3 days ago and was in for a week two days before that was in for another week.. so I have kept him pretty busy. For dinner tonight was chicken with some odd type of marinade.. I thought it was under cooked but I was told to suck it up that it was just the marinade by my oh so helpful mom that cooked it.. it was bloody.. 10 minutes after eating I kept getting violently ill.. from both ends.. now things have lulled a bit but I am worried the effect this will have on my baby. Anyone have any advice other than to call my OBGYN? I called a nurse line and that is what they said..

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 11:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like food poisoning which is no fun. Although that is really really fast for it to effect you so it may be a stomach flu. I would just let it run its course and make sure to stay hydrated.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• But it won't effect the baby will it?
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I agree it sounds too fast to be food poisoning, I'd lean more towards a stomach bug. As long as you stay hydrated the baby will be fine. Push the fluids for the next 24 hours and lay off the foods. And if you feel so hungry you have to eat eat the brat diet, bananas rice apple sauce toast... but watch the fluid levels, if you can't keep down fluids you need to contact your Dr
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Husband says it was more like 30 minutes.. me and time don't do so well . But thanks I guess I have to drink water now. :)
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• You dont get sick from raw chicken 10 minutes after eating it...something else is causing the digestion issues.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 12:07 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Lol, good luck! I hope you feel better... also I just got over the flu and am also expecting, my Dr said if I couldn't keep water down gatorade and flat sprite were the way to go for hydration and are easier on the stomach.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Awe man I just looked up online and it says about 6 hours for food poisoning.. if I have a stomach bug that will take days to get rid of right? ROFL went in the hospital for tachycardia.. came out with a stomach bug :P
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Jan. 30, 2011