colicky baby

ive never had a colicky baby. but my young grandson is crying and everything we did wont sooth him any seggestions

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 11:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used a hairdryer on the cool setting. I hung it from the towel rack so it wasn't touching anything, put it on low, on no heat. I let it run until he stopped crying. I would also rub his tummy and sing to him.. Sorry I don't have more, it's been 8 yrs..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Got in my rocking chair and put her with tummy almost all the way to my shoulder and rock until she felt sleep or put her on that same position and walk around the room that will calm her also if I was unable to do that, I would grab her 2 legs together and try to put her knees on her tummy and return up and down slowly that usually make her pass some gas and relieve the pressure of the colic, during the day I would load the laundry machine and put the baby carrier on top of it and stay with her the vibrations for some reason make her feel good. Also if everything fail I would crush some mint leaves (around 2 or 3) and add them to the warm water for the formula once that the water had a little bit of color (around 3 -4 min) remove the leaves and prepare the formula as usual.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 3:45 AM on Jan. 31, 2011