Resume: Putting experience down, that wasn't "official" or a "job"...but relevant to work...

I'm trying to get a job as a CNA and before I took my CNA course I took care of my grandmother for my grandfather so he could get out. It would be a few hours every saturday for over a year.....
Could I put that down as "work experience" or would it HAVE TO be officially a job position...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• Put it under a heading like "related experience." Since you weren't paid or receive job evaluations, it's not a "job," but it's certainly relevant!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I agree with Scuba...and I have been a CNA for almost 18 years....a crazy long time...I know! And I would deffinitely put that down as experience.
    hoping73

Answer by hoping73 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• AS a former CNA and a former nurse that hired CNAs...it is vital to list it, but as a PP said you can say its "related experience".....it will really help!!!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 12:20 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Under your experience header, below work experience, have a sub category called "volunteer work".

Answer by rkoloms at 6:23 AM on Jan. 30, 2011