How many first time moms went into labor on their own?

If you did, did you have braxton hicks contractions in the previous weeks? Or what were your symptoms leading up to your labor?

Kelli1012

Asked by Kelli1012 at 12:00 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i did!! no braxton hicks that i remember. the day before i went to the hospital i was having slight contractions. the next day i was walking around all day, then about 9pm i went to the hospital, i had been spotting all day and my contractions were sooo bad!! and 3min apart.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I did, but i had NO warning. Well, i take that back. With my first baby, for about an hour i felt constipated. Then i started feeling weird pressure, then my water broke. Then baby was born a couple hours later! Like, 4 hours start to finish! It's different for everyone, so it's hard to say how to know for sure someone is going into labor!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 12:02 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I went into labor two days (maybe 3?) before my due date and my son was born one day after d-day. I lost my plug the morning before contractions started. they were 2 minutes apart and I got sent home from l&d for not dialating. The day I was admitted my water was leaking.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:03 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• The day my labor started I had light contractions, nothing to alert me that anything was different. In fact we where at a barbeque and I was telling the host that I was having light contractions and she told me I was going into labor. My water broke at home a few hours later. My braxton contractions the weeks leading up to labor, where a lot stronger then the actual real contractions,,wierd huh?
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I did. I woke up around 4am with a weird feeling so I put a towel over my mattress. An hour later, my water broke in bed!
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 12:16 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I did. I had zero braxton hicks, but started having contractions around 4pm, like 10 -15 min apart.the day I went into labor, I had my son at 1:58am the next morning. 3 days before my due date.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:17 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I did...I woke up with pain in my hips.. I rolled over and the contractions started at 3 minutes apart...I had my son 9 hours later...no epidural
    hoping73

Answer by hoping73 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i did 2 weeks early water was leaking went to just get checked... when I got check water broke found out I was 3 cm dilated progressed from there 8 hours later my baby girl was born. It was a Blessing from God.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 12:23 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Not me..and who knows when and if I would have if I didn't get induced for absolutely no reason (ugh) four days before my due date. I didn't have any signs of even false labor, nothing. I guess my Little Man was pretty comfy and warm in that Mommie-house of mine. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:40 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I was "nesting". I had a need to clean. A day later I had pressure that was slowly building up and finally contractions because I started timing them. I had a long labor. I've had both my children naturally and it is the way to go in my opinion.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 12:45 AM on Jan. 30, 2011