Opinions on original names?

Everytime someone ask me what I want to name my baby I state if it is a boy Davin.. a girl Annora.. they look at me funny. I just don't like common names. This is going to be my last child due to health issues so there are a lot of names in there as well. But really are the names I have chosen so bad?

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 12:07 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Baby Names

• No, they aren't bad....I think you shouldn't worry so much about whether others like the name you chose...even your child will complain, no matter what you choose.....One of my kids got mad at me when she was 3 because I should have named her Ariel.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Nope! I really like davin! My daughters name is Meika (me-ka) my mil actually told me and dh, she hated it! Oh well, not your kid... But that's jmo
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:12 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• You go throw labor, you get the final say! :D
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 12:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• ohh i like those names...theyre different..but yet not waaaay out there..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:42 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I like them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• The names you have chosen aren't exactly flattering, rather oddball names in my opinion. Really nothing more, and nothing less.

Of course it is your baby to name, no one else has to agree. I do think you should name your baby the name of your choice.

However, considering that you are aware of the negative reactions these names do receive, have you thought about why you are willing to saddle your child with that burden through his or her life? They will have the fun of introducing themselves with this name for the rest of his or her life so just be sure to look at all the angles on any name you choose for him or her!

spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:21 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Your names are amazing compared to some of the other names I've seen on here or heard around my town! I love the name Annora, so cute! I've never been a big fan of Donovan, but it is not a terrible name! I think you should name your kids whatever you want since afterall, they are yours!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• there nice names if your like it that is all that matters
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I wouldn't name mine those names, but they aren't THAT bad. I have heard some CRAZY names, and neither of those strike me as being too far out there.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I can't believe I accidentally wrote Donovan instead of Davin in my response! lol. BIG spelling mistake.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2011