Can you power-wash a mattress?

okay so our daughters twin size mattress we just found apparently has a HUGE urine spot (we had a plastic cover but it apparently leaked through a hole we thought we had patched). Anyhow, was wondering when its warmer outside (snow right now...) can I just soak it with that pet urine neutralizer and power wash it out and leave it in the sun to dry out? Or will it ruin it further? If the mattress is doomed I will just have to wait till she is done wetting the bed before I can bu a new one (this one was only a few months old anyways). Any suggestions or will my idea work? Its not fresh urine anymore or on the surface (like I said before it was noticed when we just now put a new plastic cover on.)

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 12:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Home & Garden

• It would be very, very difficult to get the mattress to dry from the inside out. The likelihood of mold would be huge. Try some Natures Miracle on it, exactly as directed and see if you can't save it until she's completely trained. My son was able to save his mattress in college after a particularly nasty weekend party.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:16 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i dont think that would be the best idea...you have to think about rusting the springs inside also...probably just wrap it in something until she's done wetting the bed.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:17 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• It would probably mildew before it dried.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:45 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I use my steam vac hand attachment to clean the top of my mattress. I think Rug Doctor has attachments also but I am not sure.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2011