UGH! Trying to sleep but the neighbors kids are outside playing!

I am tired. I am pregnant. My kids are asleep. It is 9:30 pm. My boys will be up at 7am. AND the neighbors are letting their kids ride bikes and skateboards up and down the street/sidewalk. They are loud. I know it is Saturday but really how late do you let your kids stay out?!

mslksdh

Asked by mslksdh at 12:35 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• In the summer they stay out that late but not during the school year. Even in the summer they are usually in by 9:30pm and if they are out that late I'm usually out there yelling at the whole lot of them (my kids, their friends, other neighbors) to keep it down.
    I'd probably would have gone out there and pulled one of the kids aside and asked if they could be more quiet. That's actually why I make my kids come in around that time in the summer. Not because I have a problem with them playing outside that late but because I worry they will annoy the neighbors.

And to the person above mentioning the weather...it's not cold everywhere in the country. I'm in WA state and it was 55 and sunny yesterday. My kids were running around in long sleeve t-shirts and sweatshirts until it got dark around 7pm (then it got cold and they came in).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Geez, isnt it cold outside? and dark? Thats just asking for an accident. My 16 yr old and his friend where just hanging out waiting for me to pick them up from school last week. This friend tripped on God knows what and split his leg open. I showed up to school to find an ambulance and fire truck there attending to sons friend.As for your situation tonight, I knocked on my neighbors door last week cause they where having parties during the weeknights. I was really nice about it and the guy was very understanding  You might consider doing that too with these parents

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:46 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Isn't there like a city teen curfew?
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 12:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• could you just ask them to hold it down?
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 12:45 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Call the family, explain your situation. If they refuse to cooperate, let your kids play outside at 6am

Answer by rkoloms at 6:49 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Yes it is 10pm but these are children not teens! Also if the parents are within site then there is nothing that can be done.
    mslksdh

Comment by mslksdh (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Oh that's crappy!  I'm sorry!  Hugs to you!  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:31 AM on Jan. 30, 2011