has anyone had any success with the website "careerbuilder.com"? I mean when you submit your resumes to employers have any of them at least called you to come in for an interview.

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 1:11 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• No, all I get from that site are scam jobs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Most of the jobs posted on Careerbuilder.com are also posted on other sites for your area as well. And, when you do a search to eliminate any scam jobs, just type in your area again in the keywords search. That will bring up only the jobs for your immediate area. If I remember correctly, some newspapers have even joined forces with Careerbuilder.com, so if you notice your local newspaper's website, search for jobs, it might actually take you directly there. So, I guess in answer to your question, it's just another job search site.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:40 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• In answer to your question, yes. I just did a search for my local area and came up with Macy's. The same ad is also posted on Snag a Job, Monster and All Retail Jobs, plus it's been in the newspaper. Also AT & T jobs are on there. I have applied for various positions on there before as well as many other sites. I just don't reply to any type of blind box ad.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:45 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Yes, I applied for a job last summer and I was called the next day for a phone interview. I was then called again for another interview. I didn't get the job but it really gave me a self-esteem boost that I needed.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:56 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My husband used to use Careerbuilder but had better luck with Indeed for some reason.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 2:08 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I got a bunch of temp agencies that emailed me. Try indeed.com
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Keep in mind that websites like careerbuilding and monster (with craigslist) only have around 45% of the available jobs. When you use a metasearch site like indeed.com or simplyhired.com, you have an easy way to also search employer websites (which have another 15-20%). Industry networking events are great for discovering the unadvertised jobs.

I do career and job search coaching (I never charge CafeMoms for my services). Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

There are lots of great tips in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I did almost 7 years ago. That's where I found my current job.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2011