Safe acne remedies while pregnant ?

I just wanna know if anyone has any acne remdies cus im braking out like crazy and im getting really tired of it i just want it to go away with my first i never broke out its making my face look really horrible i never had this much acne all at once i am so embarassed to go any where cus my face looks so ugly i have one on my right cheek and like three on my left .please ladies any of you can tell me what you did for your acne while pregnant .thanks.

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 1:24 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I use ProActiv, the same formula that I used before I got pregnant!  It worked before and it works WONDERS now.  This is my 4th child and the first time I have used it while pregnant, only started using it about a year ago.  When I'm not pregnant I start breaking out right around my time of the month.  This stuff really works babe!  It's 20 bucks a month, worth it in my opinion for something that actually works.  They have body washes but you can use (and they'll tell you that if you call the hotline) the regular formula on the rest of your body too!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:27 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Image and video hosting by TinyPic As you can see before i got pregnant i didnt have any acne .
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 1:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• anything would be safe.. I would think. I used noxzema during my preg, but I love that stuff and use it all the time anyways.
    tlcpetsitter360

Answer by tlcpetsitter360 at 1:35 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Oh honey, look at that pretty face!  No wonder your so upset about it!  Try the ProActiv, I promise it works.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:38 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• MrsHouston47302 ,Lol yea i am pretty upset i was using proactiv way before i had my first and it did work for me but i wasnt sure if it was safe to use during pregnancy but thanks :-)
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 1:42 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i had the same problem; my first pregnancy i didn't break out at all but this pregnancy my face looked like a war zone. I literally wanted to hide in my room. Some things i did when it was really bad that seemed to work was making sure to wash my pillow cases every night, not touching my face, and using a good cleanser. I'm not sure if pro active is safe during pregnancy so i never tried. the bright side like two weeks into my second trimester my face cleared up and is back to normal. so hold in there it'll get better.
    mommabear141

Answer by mommabear141 at 3:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• You guys, ProActiv and all of those have salicylic acid, which should be AVOIDED during pregnancy! It's ASPIRIN. Aspirin is known to cause birth defects and other complications in pregnancy, including when it's used on the skin!
    If you can afford it, try Ren products, available at Sephora. It's more pricey, but it does the trick, and it's safe for pregnancy. You can also use Burt's Bees products that font contain salicylic acid. I love their tomato toner, although it's hard to find in stores. You can find it online, though. Juice Beauty also has products that don't co rain salicylic acid. Head to a store like Sephora and seek out someone knowledgable.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:48 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Please excuse my iPhone auto "correct"!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:49 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I was told nothing with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide during pregnancy. I asked and got a prescription for Clindamycin gel, which works great.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2011