My DH needs to get a social life...fast

So, my DH is a hard working guy. Going for his masters...yada yada yada.
All he does on his down time is play World of Warcraft (WoW). He's been like this for years and I keep thinking he'll just grow out of it.
It's to the point now, that in order for me to spend some QT with him, I have to play. Which is fine, but my life doesn't revolve around it.

He never wants to go anywhere, never wants to do anything. If I ask him to go, I always get "I don't feel good"..."I'm too tired". Blah, blah blah...whines.

Well, about a year and half ago, I cheated on him. No, not saying it's right. But, Jesus, I need some sort of interaction. He knows about it. He's fine with it, and ask me not to do it again.

On the weekends, he gets upset because I go out with my girlfriends. (yes, obviously, the trust thing).

The only thing the man does...work 40 hours a week. Takes 1 class a semester for his masters (which he does on the weekends). And WoW, on average, he plays 6-8 hours a day...7 days a week.

He doesn't have friends, and seems like he has no desire to try to make any.

This shit is getting old...quick.

But, there is no communication, sex is a rare occasion around here.

I dunno what to do anymore.

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 1:33 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow!  Hugs to you babe!  I am not saying that cheating under any circumstance is okay or right but come on, he needs to try and work on YOU guys having some time together too.  A relationship is a 2 way street and if you aren't getting the attention that you deserve, you have to figure out what you are going to deal with.  I would sit down and have a nice long chat with him.  My husband and I had a conversation similar about a year ago.  He started putting forth more of an effort, I started putting forth more of an effort, and BAM it worked. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:36 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Tried talking to him.

"The only thing I want to do is relax...and playing WoW, relaxes me". WTF. I've told him if he needs that much time a day to "unwind"...he best go find himself a new wife. Even the people he plays with are like "I can't believe your wife is okay with you playing this game 40 hours a week".

But, he's not addicted to the game or anything... *LOL*
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Ohh, and I just logged onto his account to see how long he's been online...
    14 hours....14 fucking hours. Seriously?
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 1:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• 14 hours!  WOW!  Nope, I wouldn't put up with that period.  I would try one more time to have a decent conversation and then it would be over! 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:45 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Seriously i would rather have my husband at home instead of out all the time especially if you have kids you cant be going out like you use to when yall didnt have kids its ok to go out like on weekends or every other weekend what you should do is disconnect the damn internet lol seriously if hes on there for that long theres a problem if talking is not getting through to him and hes still playing the game all the time id say just leave or let him know how you feel tell him if nothing changes that you are going to leave him for good no second chances either .Good Luck.
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 1:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I agree, there are worse things he can be doing than sitting at home playing a game.

But, somewhere, there has to be a balance. Especially, if it's ruining your marriage. Even he's admitted that our marriage isn't the best. You should see him when the internet goes out from a storm or something.

Freaks the hell out. Running up and down the stairs...trying to fix whatever. And, if it's not fixable. He sleeps.
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 2:01 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Yeah, I went through this with mine and this game, too. Doesn't he realize what is at stake here? And he is putting his degree off as a weekend thing yet he can spend 14 hours a day on WoW? He could have had it done by now. I don't know. I finally just had to say in uncertain terms how this foolishness was taking over his life and ruining our relationship. Let him know that part of your cheating was because you need interaction and attention that you simply are not getting. Good luck.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 5:22 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Kid you not if my hubby did that i would literally take his games & burn them & throw the computer outside! Sounds like you both need counseling. Good luck.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 9:07 AM on Feb. 8, 2011