Expired Fomula

I bought some formula for my baby and just notice yesterday that its expired and she has been drinking it for a few days now. Kind of worried... she seems fine except for some gas problems. What should I do?

new_mommie_2b

Asked by new_mommie_2b at 1:55 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have made this same mistake babe.  Don't beat yourself up over it.  Of course, don't give her any more of the formula.  My first born had gas really badly, after I started feeding him the new formula, it worked itself out.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Take the formula back to the store with your receipt and get a refund or exchange. It's the store's fault for selling you expired merchandise. Walmart did this to me awhile back with some yogurt. Turns out the whole shelf was expired. Nice huh?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• That's where I bought the formula. So apperently Walmart don't have there stuff together. Thank you ladies.
    new_mommie_2b

Comment by new_mommie_2b (original poster) at 2:08 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Come to think of it, that's where I bought my expired formula at too.  It's the only place I've ever bought it at so yep, it was from there.  Everyone always says "check the expiration date on everything before you buy it" but I haven't made it a habit.  I will from now on, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:09 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• 3 vote downs for Walmart lol.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:34 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• If you got it via a WIC check, they most likely will not take it back to exchange it. You'll have to take it to the WIC office for a new check. Just so you know. But if it's only expired like last month say, it's not going to affect it greatly. The expiration date is a Sell By date more so. Now if it was off by 6 months or something I would be a bit more concerned. Hope they just easily exchange it for you though!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:15 AM on Jan. 30, 2011