pageant moms to toddlers/preschoolers!

i am not trying to be disrespectful by any means, but how does it really make you feel when you put makeup on your daughters? does it make you feel a certain way? in my personal opinion, i don't think its right. i think children are all beautiful naturally. and i know its for the sake of the pageant, but really if pageants can't see that these little girls are so beautiful without all the excessive makeup then how sick and twisted are these judges? idk.. it just bothers me. :/

psylees_mommy

Asked by psylees_mommy at 2:03 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I think pageants are crazy. None of that stuff is real. Fake teeth,hair, makeup, spray-on tans, everything. I think it sends the wrong message to little girls and brings out the worst in the mamas(competitiveness and jealousy). I truly believe little girls are more beautiful without all the goop on their faces and artificial everything. I've never had the desire to put dd in pageants or model her in other places. Dh is totally against it too, he said that there are too many sickos that will watch/stalk little girls and perceive them as older when they look like mini 25 year-olds.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:12 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I agree with you. They are naturally beautiful (I would kill for my 4y/o' s perfect skin).. and slathering all that junk on them just makes those poor little girls look fake. I don't want DD to look like a 20 year old beauty queen, I want her to look like a cute like 4 year old.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 2:47 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• agree 100%
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:56 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Honestly I wish people would learn about the WHOLE pageant system before grouping certain parts with the rest. Not every pageant mom puts make-up or anything fake on her child. Not every pageant mom is like the ones you see on TV. Every mom is different and all the pageants are different. Some BAN make-up, tanning, hair pieces and so on. Some just want to see little girls in pretty dresses. So please don't group them all together.
    angelgirl0225

Answer by angelgirl0225 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2011