I need help! My oldest son just failed two hearing test! I just want to know what I should expect in the future?

ke_smith2008

Asked by ke_smith2008 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am an RN... Don't be worried just yet sweetie! It could be build up in the ear, he might have fluid in his ears and need tubs put in or his ears could not be developed all the way yet for some reason.... if u have any questions just message me
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 11:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• my dd just got tubes in her ears and fixed all her problems! did they do that airpuff test? was it a "flat line"?
    LeahJ

Answer by LeahJ at 11:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• if he becomes deaf or is deaf, dont treat him any differently than you normally would. he isnt "challenged" he is only deaf.

learn some american sign language and start signing with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I wanted to know if these test were done at school? If so you should go to the DR Office before you worry. The school checked my boys eye's out and said he had to go to the DR it turned out that he was not doing the test right or didn't understand what they told him to do. Go to the DR before you worry.
    cloverlady2008

Answer by cloverlady2008 at 8:26 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I agree with pp. If it was at school have your doctor check him. William has failed many hearing tests. he has either not done them right or had some fluid buildup. If it was fluid buildup they would give him meds to clear it up. If that didn't work they did tubes. He is now 8 and his hearing his fine.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• He will probaly have to have tubes in his ears
    bustedbaby106

Answer by bustedbaby106 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2008