Did you have that 'bride feeling' on your wedding day?

I was just wondering, because I didn't really. I never went to prom or any kind of dances in school either, and Im not really a dress kinda girl lol. I was really excited when I went dress hunting, and planning, & the day of, getting my hair/nails done, getting into the dress. But I didnt have the bride feeling. I just felt like I was at a big party or something dressed up haha. Idk why.. When we got our pictures back I thought I looked like a bride, just didnt feel it the day of. Theyre also edited a little too though. & I was sorta mad my hair fell flat, I had it done professionally at a salon, and it looked great til about 10 minutes after we left. So, I was kinda bummed about that. (and I didnt bring my curlng iron, and I didnt realize it until we got to the church) but Did anyone else feel that way or am I just weird lol? (And dont get me wrong, i had a blast at our wedding! & I wouldnt change it for the world)

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 2:07 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yeah I didn't get the bride feeling. Probably because no one and I mean NO ONE there wanted us to get married with the exception of the maid of honor, best man, preacher and preacher's wife. Family gave me no choice but to have a rushed wedding, and it sucked. Flowers didn't match, pictures turned out bad, list goes on and on. Plus all we had for a reception was dinner at a sit-down place whoo-hoo. I didn't get to dance with dh. To this day, nearly a decade later I have never danced with dh.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I don't know that I had that feeling. I felt rushed all day long and that was distracting. I never had that world revolves around the two of us feeling or that feelin like this was the greatest moment ever. I didn't feel like I was ready for the spotlight of the day even though I wanted to. But we had a ton of fun. My pictures are all great. But I know how you feel, its like there was a certain magic missing on my end.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 2:44 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I totally felt like a bride on my wedding day. And, mind you, I was 33 weeks pregnant, wore a dark brown and black dress, married at Yellowstone Chapel,ceremony took about 10 minutes, arranged everything in 2 days... in other words, nothing about the wedding should have made me feel bridal... but i did! There was no reception... just a lunch at the hotel dining hall with the 6 people that attended. It was perfect, though. I couldn't have asked for a more magical day!
    BTW you look awesome in your pictures!
    foreversweetpea

Answer by foreversweetpea at 3:23 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• IDK because I haven't done it yet, it's in the works, but that is a gorgeous dress! You look so lovely! And what great matching with the children. Absolutely beautiful. Are those your children?
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:29 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• No, I had that "murder my idiot family for being a stack of idiots" feeling on my wedding day.

My mother insisted on making my dress and she added two inches to every seam "just in case you gain weight before the wedding". Then, she didn't finish the dress until the night before the wedding so there was no time to alter it. I looked like I was wearing a Hefty bag. My sister came dressed like a Saigon whore. My parents fought like cats and dogs the whole time. My mother put my new MIL down for her Arkansas accent. My new SIL invited herself and both her kids to spend the night with us ON OUR WEDDING NIGHT and stayed up for hours OCD cleaning the kitchen.

It was hands-down, one of the worst experiences of my life.

You look beautiful, OP.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• not really
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:59 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I had it - it was a magical day and I was the princess.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I don't remember. It was 31 years ago. I think I did though. I remember it being a great day.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I was 19, pregnant, got married quick in a maternity top, and knew the second it was done, I had made a mistake. I stuck it out for 14 yrs then got a divorce. I have been with Mr. #2 for 9 years and things are so much different and better this time.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:15 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No got married in the back room of a stout shop.There were a pair of overalls hanging from the ceiling,and a huge bra in the window.Justice of the peace was drunk,and kept calling me a wrong name .Cost us 2 dollars!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011