What color would you paint your 7 yr. old dd's bedroom?

The carpet in her room is burgundy.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• At 7 I would take her to the paint store. Show her the colors I would not be willing to buy and then let her have at it. Bring home paint chips, tape them on the wall and see what you AND she like after a week or so.

My 8 year old was tired of his blue walls. He swears they were baby blue (they weren't, but whatever.) He wanted black walls which I vetoed. We spent time at the paint store considering other options. He eventually picked out two really nice shades of gray. Three walls are a lighter-mid-tone gray and the fourth is a darker charcoal. When we were done he called his grandmother and asked her to make him a quilted walling hanging in black and white fabrics. ;) He was absolutely ready to make those choices on his own...but then again, he also picked out the old blue color when he was 2 yrs old. I gave him a set of choices to select from and he made the final call.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Take her to a paint store and have her pick out a color. You'd be surprised with what she picks out and she can say that she helped. I did that with my daughter at that age,(now 14). She picked out a teal blue/green that I wasn't too thrilled about. I found bedding and window treatments to match. The room came out great and she can say she picked out the color. Now her friend just painted her room the same color after seeing my daughter's room.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:33 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I was going to paint my daughters room lavender... Hope you can paint it a really cute color!
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 3:15 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Maybe a cute butterfly printed wall paper that has the same burgundy color in it?  I'm sorry, kind of stuck on what color of paint.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:55 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I would paint it a neutral color...I know that sounds bland but her styles and tastes will be changing as she grows up.
    So something light and neutral is best rather than a rosey pink or any vibrant color.
    Good Luck!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 5:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Pink. I have a 7 yr old dd and her room is pink. It's more of a rose color. But if your dd is a "girly girl" like mine any shade of pink will do and most will blend fine with a burgundy carpet.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 7:39 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I'd say a seven year old should have some say in the decision. I agree with robinkane.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i would let her pick out whatever color she wanted
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Well I wouldnt go by the carpet, but thats me...the colores my dd wants now are 2 walls a reddish/pinky color, and the other 2 a purple color.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I would go nuetral.
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2011