When Should I Call A Lawyer Or Ask The Judge?

My sons dad is trying for established visitation. I live in Indiana and he lives in Florida. I have written a post/journal about this on my profile, if you could please read more into it to help me out.... Thank You -Shelly

shellychivell

Asked by shellychivell at 3:11 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• yes tell them but make sure you have proof. i wouldnt let him go. my daughters ex used to live in another state an wanted to see her son she wouldnt let him he was only 3. we took him out ourselves and stayed a weekend. he got to spend some time with his dad . maybe theres a way you could go for a few days. tell him thats the only way. also you can consult a lawyer. good luck.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 3:28 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i wouldnt know how to get that information though. and i dont want to make it an issue to the judge if my sons dad is just bluffing. cause hes said this mulitple times but its kinda differnt now cause my sons step mom and his broteher and sisters came up for xmas for 3 weeks and his dad didnt even bother coming. and out of those three weeks they only wanted to see daniel 3 times. you think they would want to see him more since its been over a year since they got to see him last.
    shellychivell

Comment by shellychivell (original poster) at 5:21 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• To block visitation you HAVE to have proof of the accusations. If there is no proof you just look bitter. I wouldn't bring it up because the hearing is just about CS. Your son's father will have to sue you for visitation to get any court ordered visits but, to make sure that you look good you should offer them to him when he comes around so, it doesn't look like you are denying him times with the child.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:29 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i dont deny him. he is never around. when he does come to indiana he only wants to hang out with me (hoping to get laid). I try my best for him to stay in contact with his son but since he always changes numbers and doesnt tell me them its kinda hard. im always the last to know whats going on. thank you all for your support. wish me luck court is today
    shellychivell

Comment by shellychivell (original poster) at 8:16 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• How did the hearing go?
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• the hearing went swell in my favor. He has a warrant out for not showing up and for being behind in support. The judge asked me if i have even heard from him? i said its been amlost a year since i last heard from him till about a week ago stating he wishes he could be here. so the judge was not happy about that. And billy (baby daddy) text me around 4pm saying he didnt know he had court today and hopes he doesnt have a warrnant. so im expecting alot of drama even more so soon! and thank you for asking. The judge also told me there will be no more court dates till he is arrested and the judge asked me if i knew if he had a job i said he told me he works 1st and 2nd shift and he told his parents he has a casino in his name, the judge said well if you find out any information about him please call the courts asap. sorry that wasnt all in order lol so many thoughts going on in mind.
    shellychivell

Comment by shellychivell (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• That is good. I wish they would arrest my nephews father for not paying CS.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• yeah well the judge couldnt stand my baby daddy. he had a phone hearing with him and was asking my BD a lot of questions and the BD couldnt answer any of them for being a manager...so ever since then the judge knew he was a liar...and this last court day was the last straw i guess. good for me but i mean not like it matters they cops arent going to look for him. the only how he will get arrested is if he gets pulled over for speeding or something. so it could be weeks or months or years till he gets causght. my BD brother had a warrnat for over 2 years till he got caught.
    shellychivell

Comment by shellychivell (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Feb. 3, 2011