soon to be x husband why does he care?

My soon to be x I asked for a divorce over a month ago NOW he is accusing me of cheating and trying to prove I'm a liar WHY DOES HE CARE Im not cheating but if I was its over I'm done I asked for a out its not cheating right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• That depends on YOU and the way YOU look at things.  Technically you are still married so do you consider that to be cheating?  And no, he shouldn't worry about it now, everything is over, said, and done with.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• No I woudnt consider it cheating I have actually told him to go out and find someone. Since I asked for the divorce and am in the process of moving out
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:13 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I think if he can "prove" that you cheated, he comes out better with the judge as far as assets go. That's probably what he's thinking I guess. Who knows.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I already told him I dont want anything from him we dont even have much im taking out beat up car he is keeping the nice truck Plus our state is a no fault state so they wont look at it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:15 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• *our
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:16 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Maybe he doesn't think it's as over and done as you do. Just because you asked for the divorce doesn't mean he wants the divorce. Maybe he's still trying to figure out what to do to get you to change your mind. Maybe he can't figure it out, so he is assuming that the problem is not him, but either you or, worse someone else....which could be why he wanted to know if you were cheating.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 4:17 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• In the state I live in we have what's called "No Fault" divorces.
    Meaning it doesn't matter who did what during the marriage it won't change who gets what in the divorce.
    Possession is 9/10ths of the law..so whatever you want you should take with your during your move-out process because you might not see it later. Meaning it's harder to get something back once it's gone...it could accidently get "broke"..I can't find your favorite picture.
    That sort of thing.
    He only cares now because he doesn't want to admit that perhaps his actions drove you away.
    If you can't tell, I've gone throw this a few times. :o)
    Good Luck...You have One Life...You Might As Well Do What YOU Need To Do To Be Happy!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 5:36 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I meant to post through this a few times! HA!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 5:45 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My ex was out of the house for several weeks before I dated someone else...I know it seems pretty quick, but in my mind we were divorced 5 years before I asked for one, lol ! Regardless, he immediately accused me of cheating on him when we went to court...he told the judge I left him for someone else.... I think men just want to turn the fault of the failed marriage on the wife no matter what...and they think it helps them in court....my ex was very abusive, so he used the "cheating" card to take the heat off himself....the fact of the matter is the court doesn't care what the reason of the divorce is....for the most part anyway....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• JMO A lot of times when something doesn't work, the person that is being left, man or woman, needs to understand why. When they can't wrap their head around that they need someone or something to blame. You two were married, he at one point or another loved you and is probably upset/hurt/pissed off. You at one point loved him and he may be trying to rationalize his failure (as he sees it, whether he "failed" or not). However, and this is just my opinion, it is cheating until the divorce is finalized, you are in the eyes of the law, married until then. I don't judge, I just know what I would and wouldn't do based on my beliefs and experience. I wish you luck hon, I hope that you and him can find peace, and this can be over swiftly for you. Brightest Blessings.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:38 AM on Jan. 30, 2011