miscarriage question

My friend was 28 weeks when she had a still birth that was in september 2009, got pregnant in end january2010 miscarried february2010, got preg again march2010 miscarried at 19weeks july2010, got preg again end october miscarried november2010, she's preg again almost 6weeks. I think its unhealthy to fall pregnant so fast after each other, but would like to know your opinion?

mystique159

Asked by mystique159 at 7:26 AM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I imagine her doctor told her not to get pregnant so many times when she is having problems carrying a pregnancy.  I say she should take a 6 month to a year break.

Answer by louise2 at 7:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• You won't believe the one doc said wait and she said she's not going to cause nothing is wrong other wise she won't get pregnant, she said the other doc said she can get pregnant when ever she wants to, sometimes I can't believe her
    mystique159

Comment by mystique159 (original poster) at 8:31 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• She needs to heal inside. Her body needs time. any doctor will tell her that. I find it hard to believe that a doc tol her that she can get pregnant any time she wants.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I can only answer by what my doctor told me, as soon as I was ready mentally to go for it. Also during grief counseling they said that getting pregnant again can be the best way of healing. I really don't see anything wrong with it. I think if I were her I would want to find some answer but if she feels comfortable with what she is doing that do not give her a hard time and support her.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:59 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• They wanted her to go for test to find out way she miscarriage but everytime when she's do for the test she tells them she might be preg or are preg. I don't give her a hard time, but to be honest if I had 4 miscarriages in less than 15 months I'd rather wait and do test to help to have a full term pregnancy than hurting over and over
    mystique159

Comment by mystique159 (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I've miscarried 4 times, and after the first one, I did a lot of reading, and somewhere it said as long as there's nothing wrong, you should try again asap. That being said, after each one of her miscarriages, a doctor should have and could have checked her out in some way to find out why this is happening, or at least to get an idea, and to tell her, you need to have this looked at.
    ShirleyB335

Answer by ShirleyB335 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• After 4 miscarriages I think it's safe to say that there's something going on that's preventing her from carrying a pregnancy. At this point, her OB should have been doing tests as soon as she gets pregnant and/or miscarries to check the levels of certain hormones and other things. But to answer your original question, after one or two miscarriages I would probably have tried again right away, but after more than 2 I would be giving myself time to heal, both physically and emotionally, and probably BEGGING the OB to do some tests!
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• i had a miscarriage at 10 weeks and my doctor told me to wait atleast 3 months before getting pregnant again or the risk on having another miscarriage was higher.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I would think she would want to get tested and figure out what it could be so she could fix it and not go through the pain of losing another baby.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 30, 2011